Why dentist’s in Croatia?
- Prices 50-80% lower than in other EU countries
- 5 year warranty on all our prosthetic work
- High-end equipped clinics in Croatia
Send us your inquiry now!
Finally I can laugh again without having to cover my mouth with my hands. Many thanks to your professional team!
Candidates for dental implants
How does an implant function?
We must be aware of the fact, that the nature has several ways to fight implants. Your body has a highly developed and adjusted protective system, finding bodies and elements not belonging to it and automatically protecting you from those. We call it the immune system. If the immune system is not working properly, you will probably get ill. Each object implanted in your body, like an artificial knee or a by-pass, will cause your immune system to try to reject it, in order to protect you.
Luckily, it is not the case with modern dental implants. Research in the last 25 years helped us to deceive the immune system and make it experience the placed dental implant not as a foreign body. This applies only to dental implants made of titanium, of course. Even in the 50's, the scientists have discovered, that not only does the human body accept titanium, but human bone is, in some way, even “in love ” with it and is therefore experiencing it as its own part.
Thanks to that fact, when the implant is once placed and it fully osseointegrates with your jawbone, it becomes firm as your own bone.
Am I a candidate for an implant?
Implants are the best dental replacement irrelevant of how many teeth you miss. It is also a solution for a lifetime. Regardless if we speak of edentulism or only one missing tooth, implantology is the best solution, because only an implant can make you feel like having your own natural teeth.
What if I miss only one tooth?
Lack of only one tooth can be restored in many ways. We recommend an implant for more reasons, and the most important are:
- implant placement is quick, easy and painless
- healthy neighboring teeth must not be grinded to place a bridge
Although the term “surgical intervention” causes skepticism, it is very important to point out, that this is a less invasive and less unpleasant procedure for a replacement of a lost tooth, than placement of a dental bridge.
In order to replace a few lost teeth, not in a row, the procedure remains the same, as in the case of placement of only one implant.
What if I miss more teeth?
If you miss more teeth in a row, depending on the number of teeth you miss, we place 2 or more implants functioning as the bridge abutment after the osseointegration process. A bridge affixed to the implants will be long-lasting, fix and stable, and your healthy neighboring teeth will not be damaged for the sake of the bridge.
What if miss all my teeth?
In order to restore endentulism using dental implants, it is necessary to evaluate if the patient possesses enough healthy jawbone. If there is enough bone, we place 6 to 8 implants functioning as abutment of circular bridges. A bridge supported by implants is a fixed work, which will prevent gum recession and bone deterioration, giving you a safe and a firm bite as well as the feeling of your natural teeth.
Am I too old for implants; and I'm not that healthy either?
Age is not an obstacle for placement of implants, if the patient is of good health. Patients suffering form certain diseases like e.g. diabetes also can have implants placed. If the patient suffers from osteoporosis, implant placement is mostly possible, but if the osteoporosis is in its critical stage, it is very likely the placement will be impossible. Patents suffering from heart diseases, using medications for blood thinning or coagulants, or having a stent or a bypass, should consult their cardiologist about the therapy, prior to implant placement.
In which cases would you advise against implant placement?
Implants are very resistant, but some bad habits can increase the chances of your body rejecting the implant. The risk from rejection is greater if the patient:
- consumes tobacco – excessive smoking decelerates the healing process
- excessively consumes alcohol – influences the healing of the mucous membrane
- suffers from periodontosis – any active periodontal disease will reduce the chance of therapy success
- has a weak immunity – people suffering from autoimmune diseases, patients exposed to radiation and patients using steroids are not suitable candidates for placement of implants
- is teeth grinding and clenching – if you clench and grind your teeth during night, you first must make a splint
- is still developing – if you still have not stopped growing, we do not recommend the placement of implants. For girls it means before 18, and for boys before 20 years of age